Issues running GGEMS

Hi, I’ve recently set up the GGEMS docker image on my device (running Ubuntu 20.04 with an nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 GPU) and I’m unable to run the examples. I followed the instructions on the GitHub README and I have both the correct nvidia drivers and nvidia-container installed on my computer and I’ve tested that the docker image can access the GPU using: docker run -it --rm --gpus all ggems/ggems:v1.2 nvidia-smi.

The issue I’m encountering is when I try to run any of the examples, it’ll crash and output “Illegal Instruction (core dumped)”. After some investigating, I believe it crashes when .initialize() is called on an object. Is there something I’ve missed with the docker setup?

Thank you,
Olivia

Dear Olivia,
It’s not easy to make a diagnosis. I have already had “Illegal Instruction (core dumped)” errors when there were incompatibility problems between my NVIDIA graphics driver and the version of CUDA. However I have just checked the GGEMS container and indeed there is a problem , and it’s probably a driver problem, I have to do an update. I’m trying to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Kind regards
Didier

Thank you so much for your response, Didier!
I’ll double-check the compatibility of my NVIDIA driver and CUDA version in the meantime and look out for any updates to the docker container!

Best,
Olivia